Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish
Valentine's Day is upon us. With all the lovey dovey in the air, we're going to talk about some of our favorite OTPs. By definition, OTP stands for One True Paring. When you're a fangirl, OTPs become like crack. We couldn't decide on just book OTPs so we added a few non-novel ones for fun.
2. Georgie and Neal McCool - Landline. I could have easily picked Eleanor and Park as my Rainbow OTP but it's my love for her adults that have my OTP heart strong. I think it was their struggle as a couple and Georgie going back and remembering how she fell in love with Neal that sealed the deal for me. Their struggles were real but their love was even realer.
3. Joey Potter and Pacey Witter - Dawson's Creek. There are too many feelings to put into words about this relationship. Before there were Team Edward and Team Jacob, there was Team Pacey and Team Dawson. I was always Team Pacey because there was something about the sad boy and the sad girl getting together.
4. Vasilisa "Lissa" Dragomir and Christian Ozera- Vampire Academy series. I must have a thing for tortured people ending up together. Something about Christian's love for Lissa was just so strong. I loved how they complimented each other to the fullest. I haven't finished this series to see how these two turned out, but I bet it was epic.
5. Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio - This isn't one of fiction. But it's kind of fiction in my head because they aren't together in real life but how I would love for them to be. I love both of these actors separately but when they come together on screen, it's magic. If only their real life friendship could be love.
7. Darrow and Mustang - Red Rising series. They work so well together as leaders. He keeps her at arms length (for various reasons) but when they lead their warriors together - it is gold. (Yes, that is a pun.)
8. Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy - Pride and Prejudice. In the words of Sheldon Cooper, P&P is "a flawless masterpiece. He's got too much pride, she's got too much prejudice. It just works." I love the journey they take to overcome their flaws and realize they belong together.
9. Magnus Bane and Alec Lightwood - The Mortal Instruments series. Again, here is my vice for forbidden love with Shadowhunters being prejudice against Warlocks, and the older generations being homophobic. Then Magnus and Alec have other obstacles too. Like the fact that Magnus is immortal and Alec has a jealous steak. Unlike Anakin and Padmé, they get a happy ending.
10. Monica Geller and Chandler Bing - Friends. There is nothing better than falling in love with your best friend. Friendship is the foundation of lasting love. I cried tears of joy during their milestone episodes. Everyone goes on and on about Ross and Rachel, but Monica and Chandler were my OTP since season 1.