Changing His Game
Author: Megan Erickson
Series: Gamers #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Fiction
Publication: April 28, 2015 by Brazen
He controls the game, but she’s rewriting all the rules…
Marley Lake is no stranger to awkwardness, but getting caught watching a dirty GIF by the company’s hot new IT guy exceeds even her standards. That is, until she realizes he's as turned on by it as she is. But with a big promotion on the line, she refuses to let her current dry spell be her downfall. Maybe.
Austin Rivers has no business lusting after the irresistible editor of Gamers Magazine. He's a secret partner in the business—and technically Marley’s boss. One look at that GIF, though, and he’s ready to install a whole lot more than just software…as long as she never finds out who he really is.
But reality’s not as virtual as it seems, and when Austin’s identity jeopardizes Marley’s promotion, he has to change his game or risk losing the only woman with the cheat code to his heart.
When you go in to read a Megan Erickson book, there are a few things that you should be prepared for.
1. A very loveable and extremely hot male lead. Sometimes he is a jock and others he is a nerd. (Nerds are the best.) In this one, Austin, is the best kind of nerd. He is awkward but dominate in the bedroom! Makes you swoon when he gets that bass in his voice...
2. A female lead that doesn't make you want to smack her every time she opens her mouth. Marley is the perfect fit for Austin. She is also very driven which I loved. Being in a male driven field like video games is hard enough but Marley makes it seem easy. I adored Marley.
3. Hilarious supporting characters. Chad was the best brother to Marley and their dynamic is what I would wish in a sibling. I also loved Grant. Something about him felt comforting and I think that Austin needed that in his life.
4. Scorching sex scenes. In the past, I've read Megan's books and expected some steamy stuff. However, this made me blush and I loved it! Austin and Marley were so uninhibited and I think the trust that they had made it hotter. Not to mention the places they hooked up, a movie theater (no wonder they are all sticky), the supply closet!
5. And finally, the humor. I know you would think the sex would be the best but it is the jokes and the hilarity that make up the best Megan Erickson book. The puns alone are enough to get you rolling.
Megan worked as a journalist covering real-life dramas before she decided she liked writing her own endings better and switched to fiction.
She lives in Pennsylvania with her husband, two kids and two cats. When she's not tapping away on her laptop, she's probably listening to the characters in her head who won't stop talking.
Despite her body language, she wasn’t passive in the kiss. She nipped at his lips and ran her tongue over his teeth, tasting him while he tasted her.
His whole body was on fire and Marley was the only thing keeping him from dissolving into ash.
He pulled out of the kiss and placed his lips at her ear. His left hand, which had been clutching her hip, trailed down the outside of her thigh.
“You taste sweet, just like I knew you would, Marley,” he breathed into her ear. His fingertips skimmed along the bottom of her dress, and he reveled in the small gasp that escaped from her lips. He tapped a finger on her inner thigh. “Would you taste as sweet here?”
She moaned, the sound torn from her throat and rippling over his skin as she dropped her forehead onto his shoulder.
Her legs trembled beneath his fingers, and he couldn’t wait any longer. He had to know. He walked his fingers up her thigh, so she knew exactly what he was doing. So she could pull away or protest.
But she didn’t. And when he reached her underwear, he ran one finger along her crease, over the fabric.
“My sweet Marley,” he purred in her ear, and her whole body shuddered. “You’re wet already? Just from the sound of my voice, the touch of my hand at your throat, and the taste of my mouth?”
Her breath heated his shirt at his shoulder, and her back rose and fell with deep breaths.
Her consent came seconds later, a soft sound muffled against his shirt. “Please.”
He rotated his right hand so now it cupped the back of her neck, his thumb caressing the vein on the side and keeping her face pressed to his shoulder. And then he hooked her underwear with the thumb of his left hand and delved two fingers into her wetness.
She was soaked, her arousal slippery on his fingers, and he ran his tongue over the lobe of her ear. “Drenched. Could you come from my voice alone?”